Sunday, August 10, 2008

Locusts!

What you are looking at in the picture below, if you look closely for the little black dots, is a plague of locusts. Like, the Bible plague kind. ON MY BED. I haven't been sleeping terribly soundly, needless to say! They come in droves... at first all you here is a pitter patter, like rain in the distance, then suddenly the whole house is swarming with maggots.


In other news, it's pretty damn hot during the day. Below is another photo I took of my thermometer. It stays about this temperature for most of the daylight hours, but I'm not sure if that's because it just can't read any higher...


Even the locals are saying it's way too hot now. Almost every conversation I have consists of, How are you, how is your family, how is your health, no problems? No problems. You are well? I am well, thanks be to Allah. The sun is very hot toay. Yes, very hot. That is because it is Month Eight. Yes. Month Eight is hot. VERY hot. Yes, VERY hot. You think it is hot now. It will become hotter. That will be very hot. Yes, very hot. So you are well? Yes, I am well... etc.
Such is life these days...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GAH. I'm glad there's people like you to do this kind of stuff so people like me don't have to. I'm so white, I would shrivel up and turn into crispy fries. I'm so white, your sun shining on my pale flesh would reflect messages into space, enraging the aliens into destroying all human life. I'm so white, when I sit next to the bag of marshmallows my friends try to toast me over a campfire and put me in s'mores.